Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jordan Staal B&W painting

after
before

It took me 3 hours to paint Staalsy here. From 11pm to 1 am, I slaved away at my art desk getting him done. I still need to adjust the darkness in his left eye area and the left side of his mouth + his nose needs work BUT OTHER THAN THAT he is mostly done.

I got inspired to do this painting when Jordan, in game 1 of the Montreal series got tangled up with PK Subban on the ice and PK's skate cut into Jordan's foot which is causing him to miss 3-4 games. Still, it made me want to do him and here he is.

Oh and if you look closely at his irises you can see that I made them grey/blue, which is his eye color.

Haha well I fixed the picture.

About 2 hours after I posted this picture I decide to go and fix it and I must say it looks STUNNING compared to the first draft one.

2 comments:

Eldra said...

Awwww. I like Staalsy and I REALLY like this painting. Think I should set it as my background??

Leauphaun said...

haha me too! well yeah we could set it as our laptop background...lets see how it looks