Thursday, November 25, 2010

Simple Silhouette

Sometimes a person just doesn't want to do a extravagant painting. Sometimes it is fun to do a simple painting. This was a painting I started about 4 years ago, but never finished. Originally it was of a black horse gleaming with sweat, so every muscle had a white highlight. Buuuuut, I really didn't know how to paint horses at the time so I gave up on it. Yesterday I picked it up and painted the horse black, quickly slapped a sunset and a hill on and called it a finished painting! 'Western Sunsets' is the name but my mom said that it looks Mexican

4 comments:

Creative Artist said...

Sorry I didn't comment sooner!
I LOVE how you did the sunset and how the horse stands... I need to learn how to draw the different postures of the horse... *goes off to look it up*
--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

No need to apologize :)
Thank you Vrenith
hehe I actually got the horse from a calendar I had laying around, so if in need of new pictures, you can try calendars

God Bless!! - Leauphaun

Creative Artist said...

Or poster books... lol. I got a poster book for my birthday. I was bored, so I drew one of the horses and TRIED to do it in pastel... I must admit it, didn't turn out the best... :P
And on my paintings, one of the hardest parts for me is painting all around the main subject, trying to fill in the white spots. Even over the whole painting! And I also have a problem doing small things, like teeth, or something like that, when the subject isn't actually that big, either.
--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

Yes painting around the main focus is long and hard. I try to do it first but somehow I end up doing it somewhere in the middle.

As for painting small things, they used to be hard but I got fed up with having to use big brushes for little parts, so I went out and got some thin, THIN brushes to use. It helped out a LOT! They were worth it :)

GB! - Leauphaun