Friday, August 26, 2011

Equestrain Silver

I actually did on August 11, but didn't really feel like posting it.

My favorite of the two B&W horse head paintings. There is a mane on this horse, but in the original picture you can't see the mane. My dad said that it looked funny because there is no mane showing.
I edited the painting though. The thin strap that goes under the horses jaw originaly wasnt there. It was a chain, but I felt like it was pulling the focus away from the beauty of the head so I changed it. It personaly looks much better without it.

If you would like to purchase a print of this painting, you can do so here.

5 comments:

Vrenith said...

This one looks to me like a phantom... misty and smooth and blended perfectly (and yes, I think taking out the chain was a good idea), so maybe the Silver Phantom?

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

;D Awww, thank you Vrenith!!

Yeah, it kind of does look misty, mysterious-ish...nice name idea :)

I think so too (chain)

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Yeah... sorry about the short list. :P Couldn't think of much...

*takes megaphone* PEOPLE!! SOMEBODY THINK OF SOME GOOD NAMES!!!

I had such a chain in one of my drawings, except it was a chain that connected a lead rope to the halter... I took it out because my teacher said it would lead the eyes astray from the page, away from the subject. :) Good choice.

I absolutely love this painting. The more I look the more I love.

Leauphaun said...

No, no, don't be sorry!! I'm ALWAYS glad for name ideas. Even if I don't use them for one paticular painting/drawing, I store them away for another. Nothing goes to waste!! :)

Ah! Yes, chains can be so distracting!! Some drawings/paintings don't need chains, while others look good with 'em.

Awww, thank you!!! ;D

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Good idea. :) Sometimes I think of a name so epic and then get a picture of something in my head, and I know exactly what its going to be. Sometimes I never actually get it done, though...

When I think of names, sometimes I get in excellent novel name like, "The Shadows Enclose" or something like that, and it creates a whole new novel idea just from the name.

--Vrenith