Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Date

First Date
One of the 7 paintings that are going into an art show.

This was a really fun painting. All the yellows, oranges and reds were fun to smoosh around on the canvas. The hardest parts are the wine. Getting the wine to flow smoothly is always a challenge because it's a liquid.

And I have finally come the the conclusion that I have a really hard time adding blog descriptions to my paintings :)

If you would like to purchase a print of this painting, you can do so here.

4 comments:

Vrenith said...

Magnificent! I love it. Perfect name for it, too!

Text? As in letters, numbers, words? Yeah, if I get a good drawing, sometimes I don't even want to SIGN it for fear of messing it up, much less write on it...

--Vrenith

Manny said...

Whoa! When I first saw the painting, I thought it was a photo! Way to go!

Leauphaun said...

@ Vrenith
Thank ye, Vrenith!!!!! =D
Hahaha, I could't remember what the text in blog posts were called when I first published this post. Now it comes to me as "blog description". Ach! Silly me :)

@ Manny
Awww, thanks!!!! =D
Who knows, I may not have this painting after September 11th >_> O_O Gleep!!

- Leauphaun

Vrenith said...

Ahhh, yes, I see, now. :)

Scary... well, while it'll be sad to see such a painting go, it'll also be wonderful--someone'll have bought it!

--Vrenith

Word Verification (I know, been awhile since I've done this, ;) ): Lademen. Lady men? Weird. So, a man that wears an apron and highheels and spends the day in the kitchen, cleaning? Or it is a lady-like man? Has to sit prim and proper all day... and drink tea. ;) Just thought this was a weird one.

--Vrenith