Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dolphin Statue


This one of three dolphin statue paintings that I'm planning on doing. I've started on Painting #2, but quickly set it aside. It's been quite a bit of time since I actually did this, so I'd say I'm not going to be doing the other two for a while, but I thought I'd give you guys this one .

Because this is an all blue painting, I had to gather most of my blues to create all the different tones in the statue. Since it's a 9" x 12", it is slightly bigger than what I'm used to, so creating a smooth top layer was somewhat of a challenge. But I think it worked out in the end.

2 comments:

Creative Artist said...

Gah! I haven't commented on here for forever...

Sorry.

But I must say, I love the idea of this painting!! Its extremely unique (great idea, Leauphaun!) and has a soft allure to it. :)

--Vrenith

Leauphaun said...

That's ok. I know how hard/slow the internet is, down there, so don't feel pressured :)

Thank you!! I like "a soft allure" :) Very descriptive! I love it!! =D

- Leauphaun